Wednesday, September 5, 2007

2007 S.I. Tix Update

In reverse chronological order, below are parking tickets I've encountered in my usual daily travel. None of the tickets below belong to me. The following victims I only know by their plate numbers, if I took the time to write it down.

Tues., Sept. 4, 2007. Windham Loop, S.I., NYC. A traffic agent fined a sedan $65 for violating code 71. "Standing or parking a vehicle without displaying a current inspection sticker."

Sat., Sept. 1, 2007. Lot A, St. George Ballpark (a.k.a. Richmond County Savings Bank Ballpark). A NYS handicap plate # 564287 was fined $65 for violating code 71. The handicap plate was parked in one of the reserved spaces for the disabled. The inspection sticker was good until the end of Aug. 2007. So, the inspection sticker was one day past its expiration date. One day. I guess City Hall has no mercy for the disabled.

Sat., Sept. 1, 2007. Lot A, St. George Ballpark (a.k.a. Richmond County Savings Bank Ballpark). A van was ticketed twice. One for each plastic covered plate. $65 + $65 = $130. Fine $65, code 74: "Standing or parking a vehicle without properly displaying its current Plates. Proper display means on the outside of the vehicle, conspicuous, securely fastened not more than 48, or less than 12, inches from the ground, clean, not covered by glass or plastic, and unobstructed."

Sat., Aug. 18, 2007.
Lot A, St. George Ballpark (a.k.a. Richmond County Savings Bank Ballpark). This victim "improperly displayed reg. sticker." Violated code ??, fined $55. 100% BS ticket, I think.

Sat., Aug. 11, 2007. Lot A, St. George Ballpark (a.k.a. Richmond County Savings Bank Ballpark). A sedan was ticketed for "parked beyond marked space." Violated code 62, "Standing or parking a vehicle beyond markings on the curb or the pavement of a street which designate a parking space ... " Fined $45, $65 in Manhattan, $45 in all the other boroughs. I've seen many cars parked inside the same marked space. Usually, because there were no other spaces to empty.

Mon., July 16, 2007. Shopping parking lot behind the Staten Island Mall. Two victims, both NYS plates, a traffic agent fined each $65 for violating code 71, "expired inspection sticker." First was ticketed at 6:02 pm and the second was ticketed at 6:14 pm.

Warning! After 5pm, day time or night time, weekends, residental or commercial parking areas, none of that matters. If Mayor Mike and his ticket-happy thugs can physically place a ticket on your auto, watch out. Make sure your plates, inspection sticker, and registration sticker are all up to code.


1 comment:

Jerry said...

I got a ticket today(A Sunday) whilst parked in the private parking lot at Staten Island Mall.

I had just moved to NJ and got my NJ plates put on, but I still had my NYC registration in the window. (Forgot to yank it off)

I will no longer shop in NYC, I'll stick to the Jersey Malls. This is Nazi Germany, pure and simple.